- Friday, December 2: Holiday Window Display Contest & Tree Lighting Ceremony in Balis Park.
- Theatre Jacksonville, December 2 – 17, live production of “I Love You, Your Perfect, Now Change”. For ticket information go to www.theatrejax.com.
It’s the “perfect” date night destination during the busy holiday season! One of the longest running Off-Broadway musicals in history, I Love you, You’re Perfect, Now Change debuts on the historic Theatre Jacksonville stage in San Marco Square just in time for the holidays!
- Saturday, Dec 3rd – from 6:30-8:30pm, Live Nativity on the corner of Arbor Lane and Laurel Road.
- San Marco Preservation Society’s 21st Holiday Tour of Homes Saturday, December 3 from 4:00-8:00pm and Sunday, December 4 from 2:00-6:00pm
This year’s Holiday Tour of Homes will feature more than six homes which will be
expertly decorated for the holidays. Tickets are on sale for $20 in advance and $25
at the door. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.smpsjax.com.
- December 3 – December 21, “No Room at the Inn” at Woodside Lane (next to San Marco Movie Theatre)
“No Room at the Inn” is a community event that displays a vast array of nativity scenes, or “creches”, collected from around the world. People in the community are invited to participate by displaying their nativities with us at “No Room at the Inn.” Nativities can be family friendly original creations made by the people of San Marco from various and unique media as well as nativities collected from places around the world.
- December 9 & December 11 , “Searching for the King” Southside Baptist Church
Searching for the King is a dramatic portrayal of the search by two people separated by two millenia for spiritual life and truth. Set in a spirited Broadway style, Searching for the King combines contemporary and classic Christian music and calls you to an experience that can etch itself upon the very soul. The story combines pageantry, drama, and music provided by choirs of adults, students, and children accompanied by outstanding instrumentalists. Performances are Friday, December 9, and Sunday, December 11, at 7:30p.m.
General admission tickets to Searching for the King are free and will be available November 13. Call (904) 396-6633 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Presented by Southside Baptist Church located on the Square in San Marco, 1435 Atlantic Boulevard, in Jacksonville.
Searching for the King presented Friday, December 9, and Sunday, December 11, at 7:30p.m.
- December 10 Holiday Magic and Festival of Lights Run in San Marco Square Festivities begin at 4pm
1-Mile “Jingle Jog” fun run begins at 5:30pm, and “Festival of Lights” 5K Run/Walk begins at 6pm.
Start and finish in San Marco Square. Luminaries light the streets of beautiful San Marco as you run with Jingle Bells on your feet and St. Nick by your side! For more information on the run, visit www.1stplacesports.com.
Starting at 4pm, join us for San Marco’s Holiday Magic, one of Jacksonville’s largest holiday celebrations! This family event will feature: Carolers, Bell Ringers, Santa Clause (pictures can be taken on Santa’s lap), Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides, The Little Train That Could Rides, Children’s Bounce Games, Jugglers, Toy Soldier Stilt Walkers, A Mountain of Snow, Food and Drinks, Christmas Music
- Thursday, December 15: Affair in the Square: A Sparkling Affair. Shop, stroll, and sip in historic San Marco 6pm – 9pm. Enjoy extended shopping hours, wine tasting, book signing and music in the Square for this monthly “third Thursday” event.
- Saturday, December 24: Christmas Eve and last day to shop and support your locally-owned and operated businesses in historic San Marco!
Plus, great news! To help traffic flow and encourage easy access to the San Marco area shopping and dining district, there will be no construction on San Marco Boulevard from I-95 to San Marco Square between December 2 and January 2.