Massage Therapy Services
Regular neuromuscular, deep tissue, or Swedish massage provides many benefits, including:
- Reducing the chance of injury both through education on stretching and event preparation.
- Improving range of motion, strength, performance times.
- Shortening recovery time between workouts.
- Maximizing the supply of nutrition and oxygen through increased blood flow.
- Enhancing elimination of metabolic wastes (i.e., lactic acid) that are a by-product of exercise.
Athletes that work with massage therapists improve performance, lengthen their careers and experience fewer injuries. When injured, massage can speed recovery and help an athlete come back after surgery more quickly.
Neuromuscular Massage Treatment
A form of soft tissue manipulation which pinpoints and treats problem areas. Through applied knowledge of trigger points, it can address postural distortion, biomechanical dysfunction, nerve compression syndrome, and ischemia.
Special cups are placed on the skin for a few minutes creating a suction seal. The suction and negative pressure inside the cups helps to loosen muscles, encourage blood flow, reduce inflammation, and sedate the nervous system. It has been shown to help with back and neck pain, stiff muscles, anxiety, fatigue, migraines, rheumatism, and even cellulite.
Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage
Using light to firm pressure and slow strokes to reach deeper layers of muscle and fascia. It’s used for chronic aches and pain and contracted areas such as a stiff neck and upper back, low back pain, leg muscle tightness, and sore shoulders.
Get more details at www.definitionfitness.com